Wombat is a new flight computer with a powerful onboard microcontroller, integrated programmable-frequency radio and uBlox 6 GPS. We’re using it as a test bed for a number of new ideas.
- STM32F405RGT6 microcontroller at 168MHz with 192KB RAM, 1MB flash, DSP, FPU
- uBlox NEO-6Q GPS with LNA and filters
- ADF7012 radio, programmable over the entire 70cm ISM band
- SMPS power supply from a lipo battery
- Onboard battery backup, cutdown controller, micro SD card, USB
All the gory details (schematic, board files, code and so on) are available on our github:
The beautiful PCBs for wombat r1 were provided by Cambridge Circuit Company, thanks!